Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thankfulness



Here are a few things that are bringing me joy lately.

11. This picture! I can use it twice if I want to! Hee hee

10. My laundry baskets! I finally got the laminated label attached to them... soo much neater in the basement

9. My new bedspread. We have been wanting a nice spread for a while. (We still were using one that was a hand me down when we got married 10 years ago)

8. The new color scheme in my bedroom.... (black and yellow gets old after a while, the new faux suede brown walls are so relaxing, and the light tannish that matches the spread will be soo much more soothing than black.

7. My New kitchen rug from goodwill (super nice wool hooked rug for only $14!)

6. All the lovely candles that I light each night...

5. Music :-)

4. My Big children, who are a BIG help!

3. My littlest man, who is just starting to smile and "talk" with fake coughs!

2. My husband and his loving me, even when I drop a ball or two. :-D

1. My Gracious Heavenly Father because "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jer. 29:11

This kind of list can be so uplifting..... What's on your list?

3 comments:

  1. Mark is so sweet! And he is bigger than Owen already! Good job, mama Lana! :o)
    Agata

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm Sue from the clubfoot board (Grace's mom -- the 3-year-old with relapsed right CF). I saw your post with your blog address, so I thought I'd stop by and say hello! :)

    I don't think it's a coincidence I read your post this morning. Thanks for the reminder that there IS joy in life -- a tremendous amount! -- even though one might be facing hardships or wandering through valleys. When you're faced with struggles, sometimes it's hard to see past it to all of the blessings, but making yourself remember them, and list them as you've done, can be a heart-lifting thing. I might borrow this on my blog, if you don't mind! :)

    Stop by when you get a chance. Our clubfoot journeys are a bit different -- you're starting out with your BEAUTIFUL little baby, and we're over 3 years into it. It hasn't been easy, but when I look at Grace ... well, I'm sure you have those same feelings. :) It can be tough, but the blessings are amazing.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I also found your blog from the clubfoot board. I am brand new on there but not new to clubfoot, my clubfooter is now 6 yrs old. As Sue said, our clubfoot journey is also a bit different as my son also has nerve damage (drop foot), but there are a lot of similarities as well.

    If you don't mind, I am going to add you to my foot blog list.

    And I have to say, I LOVE that picture of your little guy! What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete